Jerusalem – Israeli Defense Minister Yoav Galant announced on Monday that his army would “move very soon” into the north of the Hebrew state on the border with Lebanon, where it has exchanged daily bombardments with Hezbollah, in an apparent threat to flush out the Iranian militants. Group supported from the Northern Front.
The minister told soldiers stationed near the Gaza border that other forces currently stationed in the Palestinian territories will leave the area to be deployed in northern Israel.
“They will be moving very soon… so the forces will be reinforced in the north,” Gallant said. He continued, “Forces near you… will leave the field and head north in preparation for what will happen next. He indicated that the reservists would leave their posts in preparation for these future operations.
Since the start of the war between Hamas and Israel in the Gaza Strip in October, there have been almost daily bombings between Israeli forces and Hezbollah along the border between southern Lebanon and northern Israel. “The Palestinian Movement.
On Monday, Hezbollah claimed responsibility for 12 attacks on Israeli military positions near the border using Iranian-made Falak 1 missiles.
He said in a statement, “Its members targeted a crowd of Israeli soldiers behind the Jal al-Alam base with Balak missiles and directly hit them.”
“Falaq 1” is a 240 mm missile with a range of up to 10.5 kilometers and has a high-explosive warhead without fragmentation.
He said in another statement that his forces “targeted the Israeli Metula base with appropriate weapons and directly attacked it while attacking a group of Israeli soldiers near the Israeli Mitat camps with missile weapons.”
He also said that members of the party had “directly hit Baranid camps, Hatab Yarin base and Birkat Risha base with Bargan missiles”.
The “Burgun” is a heavy, short-range missile produced and used by Hezbollah. It can carry an explosive weapon weighing 300-500 kilograms and has a firing range of approximately 300-500 meters.
On Monday evening, the Israeli military announced that it had carried out strikes against Hezbollah, including “installations and observation points in the Lebanese villages of Markaba, al-Taybeh and Maroun al-Ras.”
The military confirmed that several missiles had been fired from Lebanon, noting that it had “retaliated by targeting launch sites and other bases in Lebanon”.
Earlier this month, Israeli Defense Forces chief of staff Gen. Herzey Halevi said the possibility of war “in the coming months” in the country's north “has become much greater than in the past.”
Since the expansion began, more than two hundred people have been killed in Lebanon, according to a count compiled by Agence France-Presse. On the Israeli border, 15 people were killed, nine soldiers and six civilians, according to the Israeli military.
Qaland confirmed on Monday that Hamas fighters are running out of supplies and ammunition and that the fighting will continue for months.
War broke out between Israel and Hamas on October 7 as a result of an unprecedented attack by the Palestinian movement on Israel from the Gaza Strip, resulting in the death of 1,140 people, most of them civilians. According to Israeli officials, on the first day.
Israel responded to the worst attack in its history with an air and ground campaign against Gaza, and vowed to eliminate Hamas. The Hamas health ministry said 26,637 people died in its campaign, most of them women and children.